This weekend I went to the most entertaining baby shower I can imagine. Cutest Couple B & A are expecting their first little bundle of joy on Cinco de Mayo, so naturally, we threw them a fiesta-themed baby shower. Since they flew in, people just brought books to start the baby’s library. We brought “Henry’s Unsuitable Adventure.” It’s a cute book sold at Brooks Brothers, and $5 goes to St. Jude. Get one!
So what can you do at a baby shower besides watch someone open gifts for two hours and play baby shower games? Dress up in costume and pose in front of a fiesta-themed backdrop, of course! Here’s how to make your own:
- Start with some butcher paper, or even a solid-colored table cloth for the background. I used 3 sheets of butcher paper and taped them together with ducktape.
- We found fiesta fabric and bought one yard for the center.
- Next we found these amazing clear plastic scene setters from Party City. These guys really set the mood!
- The flags came after that.
- And finally, I used die-cuts to add “Welcome ALAN.” The paper letters were glued on with tacky glue.
- Throw in some props, and you’ll have people lined up to take pictures all night!
Have a party coming up? Need some ideas for a photo backdrop? Let me know! I’d love to help.