I love the strong support for local businesses in The Heights! White Linen Night in The Heights is all about supporting the local community, and there are loads of fun activities planned for tonight from 6-10 pm.
These places sound like a must-stop to me:
- Friends for Life Animal Rescue: toga party! They’re having a toga party with photo booth and showing “Animal House.”
- Puppy Chic of the Heights: Free dog treats, buy one get one free grooming coupons and five $100 gift certificates will be raffled.
- Roundtable Goods: this place sounds amazing! They’re celebrating their Grand Opening tonight with special promotions. Here’s their sales pitch…”Our shelves are filled with all natural beauty products, vintage-inspired jewelry, modern handbags, custom bridal & special event accessories, fun wall art, originally designed home decor, delectable gluten-free baked goods and so much more! “
- Coda: I’ve always wanted to go inside to check out their hip home decor. Refreshments will be provided.
- Dimples: Lots of babies being born! They’re offering 25% off $100 or more and a raffle for a $200 gift card.
- Buchanan’s Native Plants: Such a cute nursery. Since we have no yard, I have no use for plants, but they do have gift shop I didn’t know about! They’ll also have refreshments, live music and a food truck.
- Heights Liquor: Free tequila, vodka and wine tastings!
- D’Amico’s Italian Market: Free ‘White Linen’ Gelato! woowoo.
- John Palmer Art: They had me at “Oodles of chilled champagne.” Meet the artist and enjoy 25% in the gift shop.
- Cosa Bella Salon and Day Spa: food, drinks, live music, spa package raffle, free product samples and coupons.
According to THE LEADER., the newspaper of The Heights, things were pretty wild last year. The event has grown from a crowd of 10,000 the first year, to 50,000 last year. Many of the problems in the past have been addressed, and as a result, there will be no public sale or giveaway of beer or wine along 19th Street. Still sounds like a party to me.
What’s on your list? See you in white!