In honor of my dear Gigi’s birthday, I’d like to share a little bit about her and why I try to be like her every day. The five most important lessons she taught me:
1. Always accessorize your outfit. She’s got aggressive lung cancer in this pic, and look, she’s still wearing a fabulous necklace & earrings.
2. Watching golf is a perfectly acceptable way to spend an afternoon. I can still hear her yelling, “Go Fuzzy!”
3. Most people want a positive response, not a realistic one. I always loooved calling Gigi to tell her what was going on in my life. Example:
Me: Still single.
Gigi: Wonderful! Play the field.
Me: I dropped a class so I could spend more time at the river.
Gigi: Terrific! You go have fun.
4. A lady deserves a weekly massage. Still working hard to afford this one, but it is a goal of mine.
5. Love everyone. It didn’t matter if you were her maid, a retail associate or her granddaughter. She treated everyone with kindness, love and respect.
…Who wouldn’t want to be like that?